If you want to contribute to your healthy local ecosystem, here are some ideas:
- Include native and weather tolerant species in your yard, it will mean less maintenance for you and reduced water bills
- Plant wildlife friendly gardens
- Get the children involved with free activity sheets
- Minimise the application of manmade fertilisers or pesticides
- Consider planting trees and bushes that provide habitat and food sources for native animals
- Maintain your garden and lawn by removing environmental weeds.
Your local Council may be able to provide information on the best type of landscaping for your local environment