If the project displays the Materials leaf, you can:
- Feel satisfied that the materials used in your community minimise the use of non-renewable resources and minimise the environmental impacts associated with their production
- Experience health benefits compared to a standard home through reduced toxic surfaces or gases, and reduced allergens
- Reduce the need for ongoing maintenance, saving money and time (in cases where durable materials are used)
- Reduce construction costs by reusing materials or purchasing recycled materials at a lower cost.
- Feel satisfied that the development of your new home has supported the local economy by giving preference to local suppliers.